- Ensure that your wireless device is turned on.
- Click the Network Manager icon in the system notification area.
- Under Wireless Networks click on the network you want to connect to.
If you have connected to the network previously, Ubuntu will automatically connect to the network where it is available.
If you are connecting to a network for the first time, security details may be needed. If so, a dialog box will open. Enter your security details as follows.
- In most cases the security type will be detected automatically. If not, select the security type from the Wireless Security drop-down box. This will depend on how the wireless network is set up. Examples of security types are WEP, WPA and LEAP.
- Enter the password, key or other authentication details as appropriate. These are usually case-sensitive. If you don't know your wireless key, it may be printed on the bottom of your wireless router.
- Click Connect. If you are prompted again for your security details, you may have entered them incorrectly, or there could be a problem with your wireless setup.