Most mobile broadband devices should be recognised automatically when you connect them to your computer. Ubuntu will prompt you to configure the device.
- The New Mobile Broadband Connection wizard will open automatically when you connect the device.
- Click Forward and insert your details, including the country where your Mobile Broadband device was issued, the network provider and type of connection (for example, Contract or pre-pay).
- Give your connection a name (it is up to you what name you choose) and click Apply.
- Your connection is now ready to use. To connect, click the Network Manager icon in the top right of the panel and select your new connection.
- To disconnect, left click the Network Manager icon in the top right of the panel and click Disconnect.
- Right-click the Network Manager icon in the system notification area and click Edit Connections
- Select the Mobile Broadband tab.
- Click Add.
- This should open the New Mobile Broadband Connection wizard. Enter your details as described above.